Please click here for the PRAISE Special Education Parent Handbook.
WHO ARE WE?
PRAISE is a group of Piedmont parents who support and raise awareness for families whose children have special education needs. We work collaboratively with the Piedmont Unified School District and other parent and community organizations to help make Piedmont a richer and supportive community for kids with special needs.
PRAISE’s mission is to promote awareness, understanding, and appreciation of learning differences among students, educators, administrators, parents, and the community; advocacy of student needs; professional development for educators; and financial support for relevant programs.
PRAISE fosters a supportive and inclusive social climate for all members of our schools and larger community.
PRAISE works to ensure that Piedmont schools are a vibrant, safe and supportive place for all. We need you to support PRAISE to continue this work!
WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED
Since its inception, PRAISE has donated over $100,000 in support of special education programs in the Piedmont schools. PRAISE donations have supported the needs and services identified by parents and school faculty and administration, including:
- Staff development for general education and special education teachers to promote Inclusion
- Training in differentiated instructional strategies
- Materials that provide access to the curriculum for students with learning differences including Assistive Technology
- Behavioral intervention training and programs
- Programs that foster social development skills
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
Add your name to our mailing list
Attend our events
Join our quarterly meetings